Recommendations for Concrete
- A minimum of a 3000 psi
- A minimum of 480 pounds of cement
- Any admixtures, plasticizers, slag, fly ash, or anything taking the place of Portland-based cement should be kept to a minimum.
- The cement should be Portland Cement, Type I or II, conforming to ASTM C150
- Wet cures are the best, but if this cannot be done, use a membrane cure only
- Saw cuts are used to minimize the potential for cracking. Saw cut grids will be determined by the engineer and Terr-Con Decorative Concrete Floors, Inc.
- Joint Treatment: All cuts are filled with a non-staining polyurea joint filler
- Finish: TERR-CON incorporates the patented RetroPlate system, which carries a 10-year warranty on material and labor. It provides a water-repellent, dust-proof, abrasion-resistant surface. The marble-like shine reduces maintenance dramatically.
- All mix designs should be approved by Terr-Con Decorative Concrete Floors, Inc.
- Samples are developed in our Lab per owners’ specifications for approval
- Terr-Con Flooring System Cost: $4.00/square ft. and up, includes Placement, Material, Hardening, Densifying, Grinding and Polishing.